What is glamping?
"Glamping is where stunning nature meets modern luxury. It’s a way to experience the untamed and completely unique parts of the world—without having to sacrifice creature comforts.
The way we travel has changed. We no longer want a generic, one-size-fits-all vacation. We want to explore on our terms and immerse ourselves in local culture, and we no longer just want to simply witness nature—we want to live in it. A fusion of glamour and camping, glamping is a way to authentically experience the most awe-inspiring locales around the world." - glamping.com
Tell me more about the tents
We have three luxury safari tents that were made in South Africa, which creates a truly authentic experience. The tents are 650 square foot canvas tents with a private deck, outdoor shower, and a golf cart for use during your stay. All tents are equipped with:
- King size bed
- Queen sleeper sofa
- Air Conditioning & Heat
- Aveda Body Wash, Shampoo & Conditioner
- Flush toilet
- Cotton towels
- Green Egg barbecue cooker
- Cooking utensils
- Mini Fridge
- French Press
- Ground coffee
- Outdoor shower
- Golf cart
What should I bring?
- River shoes to enjoy the river
- Your favorite book or the top of your reading list
What will I eat?
- Do everything yourself - you'll need to bring your own groceries and your tent will come equipped with a Green Egg.
- Order a "Yeti Dinner". If you select this option, we will contact you prior to your arrival and will provide you with a few different options for your meals. When you arrive to Wahwahtaysee, your tent will have a Yeti cooler stocked with the groceries necessary to make your meal, along with a recipe card. You may add-on the Yeti Dinner when you confirm a reservation for $50/person.
- Hire a private chef! We have partnered with Gold Epicure, who specializes in gourmet farm-to-table style foods to provide private chef services to our guests. They We specialize in outdoor, open flame cooking, which is an experience of its own.
- Dine at the local restaurants. We recommend Frank's, Chuy's, Mom's Front Porch, and exploring the world famous barbecue in Lockhart, Texas just 12 miles away. There is also a Stripes down the road from the property that stocks all the essentials, along with tacos and coffee!
- Wahwahtaysee Resort is located on 100 acres with extensive river frontage on the San Marcos River. You can explore our many walking trails, swim in the crystal clear San Marcos River, tube down the river, fish, and stargaze at night.
What will we do?
- Yes! Kids love staying here and exploring the outdoors. Each tent is equipped with a queen-sized sleeper sofa to help accommodate children.
- We also allow dogs for an additional $50 (one dog) or $75 (two dogs) per night charge. We ask that you clean up after your dog, especially before they enter the tents. Each tent is equipped with an outdoor shower that can be of use.
Can I bring my kids or dog?
- We are in the process of adding wifi capabilities to the property, but it is not yet available. It is definitely a great opportunity to disconnect and enjoy the beautiful setting. If you will need internet during your stay, we recommend bringing a hot spot. Each tent is equipped with a TV and an antenna that will allow you to view the local channels. We will similarly be adding cable in the near future, but it is not currently available. You can also use a Hot Spot to access Netflix from the TV.